After getting it back to Sydney, we had the not insignificant challenge of actually getting it into the Robots and Dinosaurs space.
First thing to do was construct a ramp from 2x4s and spare plywood:
The cheap block-and-tackle pulley set we got broke after only moving the control box about a meter. We had to adjourn for an hour while I went and bought and electric boat winch:
Moving the robot body was a lot trickier. We turned the palette into a small ‘sled’, and used it to support most of the weight getting it up the stairs:
Another view of the robot hauling:
Around about here we had to change plans slightly:
After some deft manoeuvring we got the robot onto a trolley and into the space. Done!
Huge thanks to Max, Scott, JD and Sascha for helping with the heavy lifting.
Especial thanks to Scott and Chris for running and organising lumber and hardware supplies while we were arriving with the robot.
This entry was posted in Uncategorized
. Bookmark the permalink